Classic Old Fashioned
1 undefined minutes
2 undefined minutes
This quintessential and storied cocktail has infinite variations, many inspired by regional ingredients. When mixed properly this drink is delightfully well balanced. There’s a ritual and patience required for this cocktail. Feel free to substitute any aged spirit for the whiskey.
- 2 oz rye whiskey
- 1 large sugar cube or barspoon of raw sugar
- 3 dashes Hella Aromatic Bitters
- Orange peel, for garnish
- Add sugar and bitters to rocks glass. Wait up to 30 seconds so the bitters can saturate and soften the sugar, then muddle well.
- Add whiskey and stir gently until most of the sugar is dissolved.
- Add enough ice to stick out above the liquid and stir until the glass is ice cold.
- Garnish with an expressed orange peel.