40 minutes minutes
5 minutes minutes
A next level Margarita variation. El Jardín harmonizes fresh herbs, Smoked Chili Bitters and a dash of sparking Grapefruit Bitters & Soda. Tequila optional!
- Wet the edge of a highball glass with your finger and a bit of Hella Habanero Margarita Mix. Dip into a plate of basil salt.
- Add 3 of the basil leaves to the bottom of a shaker and muddle gently.
- Fill your shaker with ice and add Tequila, Hella Habanero Margarita Mix and Hella Smoked Chili Bitters.
- Shake vigorously until the outside of the shaker is frosted.
- Double-strain your cocktail over your basil salt-rimmed highball glass filled with fresh ice.
- Top with your choice of grapefruit soda and stir gently.
- Garnish with a basil leaf boat.
- Preheat oven to 225°. Place salt and basil in a small food processor; pulse until very finely chopped. Spread into a parchment-lined baking pan.
- Bake until mixture appears dry, about 30 minutes. Cool completely in pan.